The variety of the internships that the juniors found was amazing. I was luck enough to go during Multimedia to watch and listen to other's vignettes. Some did showed they comfort while reading their vignettes, but their gestures and sudden bursts of confidence made their presentations very nice. Some of the internships these students had were exactly like having a job, and to others just a shelter away from school. They learn a lot about the things they do not want to do, which is very important, this way they don't jump into a career which they do not love.
I look for something I absolutely love, or else it will end up just boring in front of a computer screen(even though I love that). I need to figure out what I really want to do, and I should find my internship as soon as I can. I am looking for a familiar face as a mentor, a person who will guide me, who will want to educate me, and who will constantly be there for support through the process of being in the internship and leaving school.
I'm not sure of what her name was, but she worked with a psychologist I believe, something like that, at a university. She spoke of the red, awkward chair she would sit in, where she felt comfortable. I think she was successful because she spoke of something she knew, she didn't try to make something up, or go into the technicalities of her internship. We didn't need a description of her role to know the feel of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment